Arlington Baptist Church (ABC) constituted on January 25, 1928 with 18 charter members who desired to establish a faithful Baptist witness in Arlington County. The church initially met in a member’s house and then another member’s garage until they were able to purchase land and build the original chapel in 1930. The current building was erected in 1941, was expanded in 1950, and the main sanctuary was added in 1956 as the Lord increased the membership of the church.
In 2008, God stirred the hearts of believers who lived in Northern Virginia but were traveling to Washington, DC to worship at Capitol Hill Baptist Church. Desirous of worshipping in the community in which they lived and evangelized, 31 charter members met on July 5, 2009 to form Grace Baptist Church of Arlington. The members called Mike Law Jr. to serve as their pastor and initially met in a member’s home and then at the Woman’s Club of Arlington on S. Buchanan Street, just a few blocks away from ABC.
At the invitation of ABC, the members of Grace Baptist Church of Arlington joined in the work of the Arlington Baptist Church in July of 2014 with the same goal: to glorify God by proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ throughout Arlington County and beyond, by God’s grace.