The Double Cure for the Dirty-Clothed
Topic: Exposition Scripture: Zechariah 3:1–3:10
Main Point: The only remedy to real guilt is real forgiveness through a real imputation.
1. The Setting (Zechariah 3:1–3)
A. Joshua's Sin (Zechariah 3:1, 3)
B. Satan's Accusation (Zechariah 3:1; cf. Revelation 12:9–11)
- He would accuse Joshua of the greatness and vileness of his sins.
- He would accuse Joshua of his unworthiness.
- He would keep his soul in a sad, doubting, and questioning condition.
C. The Lord's Rebuke (Zechariah 3:2)
1) The Lord has chosen Jerusalem.
2) The Lord has plucked Joshua from the fire.
1. Confess your sins often and repent of them.
2. Come to Christ for continual assurance.
3. Cease all pretending and defending.
4. Cherish the intercession of Christ for you.
2. The Symbol (Zechariah 3:4–7)
A. The Cleansing (Zechariah 3:4)
B. The Clothing (Zechariah 3:4–5)
C. The Charge (Zechariah 3:6–7)
3. The Servant (Zechariah 3:8–10)
A. His Identity (Zechariah 3:8; cf. Isaiah 53:11; Jeremiah 23:5–6)
B. His Iniquity-removing Work (Zechariah 3:9; cf. Hebrews 9:26)
C. His Inviting People (Zechariah 3:10)
To learn more about what Arlington Baptist Church believes, read our Statement of Faith.