January 2, 2016 | by: 0 Comments|
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Over the last few days I’ve been reflecting on the past year and God’s many, many kindnesses to us as a congregation. He has immensely blessed us. I’ve also been reflecting on how we might purpose to serve our great God in the year ahead, should the Lord Jesus tarry. To that end I’ve written out 16 resolutions for our congregation for 2016. These resolutions either come from the Scripture, from our church covenant, or from my own heart and mind as I’ve considered the needs of our congregation.
These resolutions are simply an expression of good and godly purposes for our congregation in the year ahead. These are things that I pray we would each personally as well as corporately pursue. So as you read them, reflect upon how you can pursue these and how we as a church body can pursue them too. They come in no particular order, and just so you know I hope to offer further reflections on them in the New Year. Now, without further ado, below are the resolutions that I have for our congregation in 2016 (in no particular order).
1. Remember, rejoice, and rest in the whole obedience of Jesus Christ.
2. Keep in step with the Spirit.
3. Pray to God as our Father
4. Serve the church body sacrificially.
5. Do everything without complaining or arguing.
6. Be hospitable.
7. Abstain from gossip.
8. Bear the burdens and sorrows of our fellow church members.
9. Admonish and entreat one another as occasion may require.
10. Deny ungodliness and worldly lusts.
11. Repent of any known sins, whether public or private.
12. Pray regularly for our church family
13. Mentally, physically, and spiritually prepare for gathering with God’s people on the Lord’s Day.
14. Boldly share the good news of Christ with the lost.
15. Give cheerfully.
16. Be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry.
May God bless our pursuit of these resolutions.
Warmly in Christ,
Comments for this post have been disabled.